5/15/09

Wolfram|Alpha

As a lot of geeks, I am eagerly anticipating the launch of Wolfram|Alpha. Meanwhile, I have to do with this:



Wolfram Alpha previews show the background in Mathematica, but I am actually more interested in how it will perform in just making connections between different ideas in computing science, logic, and, maybe, philosophy.

I don't think they can ever meet all queries. Probably its usage will level out and only the mathematically inclined will use the engine. But still, tremendous achievement already.

I think there's a design error in the system. Someone should once find out how to do this distributedly. Why not use the processing power of the browser instead of the cluster? I.e. the cluster should provide the raw data, and the browser should manage the logical aspect of the queries.